$500 Off Dental Implants + Free Consultation and a Free CAT Scan
(3D Imaging for Optimal Implant Placement – $450 Value)
Although your natural teeth are very strong, it is possible to lose one or more teeth due to decay, gum disease, trauma, and other causes. For years the only treatment options available for missing teeth were bridges and dentures, but today dental implants represent an amazing leap forward in tooth replacement technology. If you are in good health and want a permanent, natural-looking replacement for your missing teeth, contact one of the board-certified implant dentists here at Comfort Dental in San Jose, CA.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is a permanent prosthetic replacement for a missing tooth. These prosthetics consist of a titanium implant device (which is inserted directly into the jaw bone) and the abutment (the piece that connects the implant device to the overlying crown or denture).
Am I a good candidate for dental implants?
Dental implants can be used to replace a single missing tooth, several missing teeth, or even when all teeth are missing. There are a few conditions that may prevent you from being eligible for this procedure, such as diabetes, cancer, and advanced periodontal disease, so schedule an oral exam with Comfort Dental to determine if you are a good candidate for dental implants.
Does my insurance cover the cost of dental implants?
Although dental implants are generally not covered by dental insurance, coverage may be provided under your medical plan depending on the cause of tooth loss. If the procedure is not covered by your insurance provider, Comfort Dental can work with you to set up an affordable payment plan.
Proper care is crucial to the continued function and performance of your dental implants. Although dental implants are not subject to cavities like natural teeth, they can lead to gum inflammation, infection, and even bone loss if not properly maintained. Here are a few important tips for maintaining your dental implants:
- Tobacco use is one of the greatest risks for implant-related complications, so try to quit smoking as soon as possible after receiving a new dental implant
- While your implant is healing, prevent plaque build-up by using an antibacterial mouth rinse and/or gel as recommended by your dentist
- Ask your dentist to demonstrate how to brush and floss around implants to remove plaque
- Use a special interdental brush to clean the spaces adjacent to your dental implant
- Schedule regular oral checkups and teeth cleaning appointments to ensure the continued health of your dental implant site
If you have additional questions about dental implants or would like to schedule an appointment to discover if you are eligible to receive dental implants, call Comfort Dental in San Jose at 408-249-8888.